Friday, November 5, 2010

My Second Day!

Today I went to my cousin William's house and met his wife Mary and their two children Abraham and Rebecca. After breakfast, I noticed that Abraham and Rebecca were both studying mathematics, english, latin, and history. Additionally, Abraham and Rebecca played musical instruments clarinet and flute respectfully. This was strange to me because in New England where I come from women have less rights and privileges and it was nice to see Rebecca (and other girls) get a proper education. Adding on to this, Mary did not do all of the cooking and
cleaning (the whole family chose to divide up the chores around the house.) Again, I thought that this distribution of powers in the house was more fair on all of the family members.

               

No comments:

Post a Comment